About Me

My photo
Virginia Beach, Va, United States
We are the Ward's. Brad is a 5th grade school teacher and Katrina is an Occupational Therapist with the Virginia Beach Public Schools. Kylee is one year old and she adores our furry family member, Tuggles, the dog. We love evening walks, hanging out at the beach, getting Skinny Dip frozen yogurt and enjoying time with our friends and family!!!

Monday, February 25, 2008

It has been so long!!!






















Hi All.....It has been so long since I have blogged. For one thing our computer was being fixed and we just recently got it back. For another thing I have been super busy with life. So here are a few updated pics of my precious girl. She is now 7 months old and weighing in at 15 lbs and some ounces. She is soooo close to sitting on her own and is enjoying her foods way too much. Her latest thing is NOT sleeping thru the night. We have changed her evening routine a bit and this seems to help some, but not 100%. Any advice I would glady take it. The black under my eyes is increasing daily. Brad and I are a bit exhausted and would love for Kylee to return to her previous sleeping pattern of sleeping thru the entire night!!!! This has been going on for a little over a month now....


I have checked in on everyone's blogs and though I haven't had the time to leave many comments and I so happy to see all is well with everyone.

7 comments:

Katie B said...

Katrina, let the sweet pea cry! I don't know anything else to tell you. I have read that it usually only takes 3 nights to change habits and that has pretty much been my experience. The longest any of the girls cried was like 30 min. , even though it felt like an eternity. Also, make sure she is eating enough....a well fed baby is a sleeping baby. I will def. pray that your sweet girl will begin to sleep better....nothing is more challenging than a baby that isn't sleeping.
She is looking beautiful!!

anthonyandbeth said...

i second was katie said...it will probably only take one or two nights and she'll work right out of her funk. you def. know it's not food she needs, she's been fine without it for months. she's a cutie pie and i hope that she will be sleeping peacefully again very soon. once you get out of that stage it sure it hard to go back! :)

Jennifer said...

Sorry chicas above my comment, crying didn't work in our house. Maybe you'll have luck with it Katrina but I (we) didn't. Corben still doesn't want to sleep through the night but at least he doesn't cry when we put him to bed anymore (I posted about his new routine on our blog). Hang in there - they gotta sleep through the night at some point right? :)

She's so precious and getting so big!!! I can't believe she's 7 months!!! Time flies waaay to fast!

Jen said...

She is sooo cute! Can't believe she's made it to 15 pounds - yeah Kylee. I don't know what to tell you about the sleep stuff except make sure she isn't overtired by the time you put her down. If it's a case of falling asleep great, then waking in the middle, I would have to agree with the others of letting her cry. It's so hard being mom and having to decide what to do. They should come with personalized mauals!

Ward Blog said...

she goes to sleep perfectly and sleeps until about 2 am and then wakes up 3-4 times from then until i get her out of bed for the morning around 7 am. not sure why she is fussy then or what wakes her up...i do let her cry, but when it becomes louder and louder i feel the need to comfort her.....the challenge to me is WHY is she waking and crying? i just can't figure it out.........has anyone else experienced this with their baby????

Jen said...

Have you tried going in to comfort her, getting her quiet and laying her back down without talking to her and repeating that cycle, waiting a little longer between each time you go in. I know that's what they say to do for older infants who have learned to stand up in the crib and toddlers who keep getting out of bed. It is training them to know they aren't going to get out of this time what they want out of it - you!

Andy and Jen said...

Just when you think you've got them sleeping through the night... I know my boys would do that when they were cutting teeth. Caleb also did that when he experienced growth spurts. Babies are just impossible to figure out sometimes, but don't worry. It doesn't last forever, I promise. She looks so precious in her little pink robe. I love it!